By Barbara Littlewood
Feminist views on Sociology examines how sociology has been reworked below the impression of feminism lately. this modification is composed either one of a critique of proven parts and the hole up of latest ones. parts and concerns coated comprise methods to wisdom and learn, patriarchal family members, paintings in and outdoors the house, physique politics, game and health, migration, violence, the kingdom, and globalisation. The e-book additionally reports quite a number ‘post’ views and arguments together with postmodernism, postcolonialism and postfeminism. Feminism can also be a transformative social circulate. Its political influence, from neighborhood to transnational degrees, should be taken under consideration in assessing advancements in sociology, supplying it with a connection among examine and action.
- Provides a finished and obtainable creation to feminist views in sociology
- Discusses and assesses sociological and feminist theories relating to case reviews
- Covers quite a lot of present concerns that may curiosity readers from many disciplinary backgrounds
- Includes finish of bankruptcy summaries, feedback for extra interpreting and a word list of key terms
Barbara Littlewood is Lecturer in Sociology, collage of Glasgow.
Read Online or Download Feminist Perspectives on Sociology PDF
Similar political philosophy books
Utilizing the historical past of political idea and genuine global political contexts, together with South Africa and the new worldwide monetary main issue, this booklet argues that energy is fundamental to freedom. It demonstrates how freedom is dependent upon strength, and contends that liberty for all electorate is better maintained if conceived as energy via political illustration.
The early twenty first century has provided substantial demanding situations to the problem-solving capability of the modern kingdom within the industrialised global. one of several uncertainties, anxieties and tensions, it's, even if, the cumulative problem of financial austerity, demographic advancements, and weather swap that offers the major attempt for modern states.
The yankee conservative move as we all know it faces an existential hindrance because the nation's demographics shift clear of its center constituents—older white middle-class Christians. it's the American conservatism that we don’t comprehend that matters George Hawley during this ebook. in the course of its ascendancy, leaders in the conservative institution have energetically policed the movement's obstacles, successfully retaining replacement types of conservatism out of view.
This can be a new method of one of many maximum political theorists, Antonio Gramsci. Gramsci’s legal Notebooks are probably the most well known Marxist texts to be had and proceed to motivate readers internationally. In utilizing Gramsci, Michele Filippini proposes a brand new strategy in accordance with the research of formerly overlooked recommendations in his works, making a publication which stands aside.
- The Dark Sides of Virtue: Reassessing International Humanitarianism
- The Politics and Philosophy of Chinese Power: The Timeless and the Timely
- Carl Schmitt: Law as Politics, Ideology and Strategic Myth (Nomikoi Critical Legal Thinkers)
- Ontopower: War, Powers, and the State of Perception
- Common Ground: Democracy and Collectivity in an Age of Individualism
- Geschichte des politischen Denkens: Band 3.3: Die Neuzeit. Die politischen Strömungen im 19. Jahrhundert (German Edition)
Additional info for Feminist Perspectives on Sociology
Feminist Perspectives on Sociology by Barbara Littlewood