By Estrelda Y. Alexander
Black Fire treatments loss of ancient cognizance via recounting the tale of African American Pentecostal origins and improvement. during this attention-grabbing description she covers
- what Pentecostalism retained from African spirituality
- the legacy of the nineteenth-century black Holiness movement
- William J. Seymour and the Azusa highway Revival
- African American trinitarian and oneness Pentecostal denominations
- the position of ladies in African American Pentecostalism
- African American neo-Pentecostals and charismatic movements
- black Pentecostals in majority-white denominations
- theological demanding situations of black Pentecostalism within the twenty-first century
Whether you return from an African American Pentecostal historical past otherwise you simply are looking to examine extra, this publication will spread the entire dimensions of this significant movement's heritage and contribution to the lifetime of the church.
Read or Download Black Fire: One Hundred Years of African American Pentecostalism PDF
Similar protestantism books
How determined are you? Revivals consistently start with own desperation. after we are determined sufficient to cry out to God for our want, He releases a deluge of His Spirit not to purely meet your want, yet to additionally swap your loved ones, neighborhood, country, country and the area. the best revivals have all been initiated via the deep-seated wishes of guy.
Throughout us at the present time we see awesome proof that Jesus is coming quickly. that is a cause to have fun. yet it is also a decision for us to shake off our lethargy and get to paintings pleasing the fee God has given us and getting ready to satisfy Jesus whilst He returns. In nearly domestic, Ted N. C. Wilson, our basic convention president, identifies the non secular necessities in case you will pass though the top occasions and witness Jesus' go back.
"Martin Luther, der Wittenberger Reformator, lebte in einer 'Epoche, in welcher der Glaube herrscht. Ja, in der Zeit des Umbruchs vom Mittelalter zur Neuzeit conflict es im Wesentlichen ihm zu verdanken, dass die faith zu jener Kraft wurde, die Deutschland und Europa für mehr als ein Jahrhundert in ihren Bann schlagen sollte – 'glänzend, herzerhebend und fruchtbar', aber auch finster, herzzerreißend und zerstörerisch.
Latino Protestantism is growing to be swiftly within the usa. Researchers estimate that by way of 2030 half all Latinos in the USA might be Protestant. This extraordinary development isn't just approximately numbers. the increase of Latino Protestants will impression the altering nature of yank politics, economics, and faith.
- Anglican Communion in Crisis: How Episcopal Dissidents and Their African Allies Are Reshaping Anglicanism
- Let's Talk
- Beyond Common Worship
- Dare to Believe: The True Power of Faith to Walk in Divine Healings and Miracles
- The Evangelicals: A Historical, Thematic, and Biographical Guide: A Historical, Thematic and Biographical Guide
- John Wesley's Conception and Use of Scripture
Extra resources for Black Fire: One Hundred Years of African American Pentecostalism
Black Fire: One Hundred Years of African American Pentecostalism by Estrelda Y. Alexander