By Ali Behdad,Dominic Thomas
- Features over thirty unique essays from top overseas contributors
- Provides a serious review of the prestige of literary and cross-cultural inquiry
- Addresses the background, present nation, and way forward for comparative literature
- Chapters tackle such themes because the courting among translation and transnationalism, literary conception and rising media, the way forward for nationwide literatures in an period of globalization, gender and cultural formation throughout time, East-West cultural encounters, postcolonial and diaspora stories, and different experimental techniques to literature and culture
Read Online or Download A Companion to Comparative Literature (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
L. a. rebel·lió dels animals, un dels clàssics més importants de l. a. literatura common, és una faula senzilla i tràgica que relata l. a. rebel·lió dels animals del mas dels Jones contra els seus amos. És l. a. història "d'una revolució que va acabar malament i de les excel·lents excuses que es van anar inventant pas a pas consistent with jsutificar l. a. perversió de los angeles doctrina original", tal i com va escriure Orwell a los angeles solapa de l. a. primera edició del llibre, el 1945.
By means of remapping the configurations of mourning throughout modernist, postmodernist, and postcolonial literatures, psychoanalysis and deconstruction (James Joyce, Jamaica Kincaid, Tahar Ben Jelloun, Elias Khoury, Sigmund Freud, and Jacques Derrida), Signifying Loss reviews not just how loss is signified, but additionally the ethico-political value of such signifying.
The felony justice approach in the US is as robust a shaper of background and society as its better-known counterparts--the army, politics, govt, and expertise. In a rustic that lacks a compulsory loss of life sentence for particular crimes, the yank process for execution proves to be established extra upon differences among offenders than upon differences among offenses.
Within the final 20 years, China has turn into a dramatically extra city society and thousands of thousands of individuals have replaced place of abode within the strategy. relatives and communal bonds were damaged in a rustic as soon as often called "a society of kith and family. " there was a pervasive feel of ethical main issue in modern China, and the recent industry economic climate does not appear to provide any suggestions.
- Exploring the Palace of the Peacock: Essays on Wilson Harris
- All Those Strangers: The Art and Lives of James Baldwin
- The Gospel According to Flannery O'Connor: Examining the Role of the Bible in Flannery O'Connor's Fiction
- The Storyworld Accord: Econarratology and Postcolonial Narratives (Frontiers of Narrative)
- A Line O' Cheer for Each Day O' the Year
- Entre perro y lobo (Spanish Edition)
Additional resources for A Companion to Comparative Literature (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to Comparative Literature (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Ali Behdad,Dominic Thomas